Fiber and Yarn Pr0n

Thursday, September 11, 2008

So I've gotten a few things since the last post. Melissa sent me some goodies in exchange for knitting the shawl for her. One was a skein of yarn I had sent with the shawl. I asked for a custom dye job, even though I could have done it. I haven't had a chance to really pull out the dyes. It's 2500ish yards of merino lace. It's for the Snowflakes in Cedarwoods shawl by Anne Hanson.
She also sent me some roving, it's gorgeous!
I also got the rovings I ordered from Flawful Fibers:
The top one is rambouillet in Woodstock Earthchild, and the bottom is seawool in Ashes of Roses.
I adore them both.

Other than that I finished a little skein of merino/silk/firestar. It's 58 grams, 170 yards of navajo plied yarn. Really pretty! I threw it in the shop, if it doesn't sell, well I won't cry over keeping it!
In other news, we are moving back to NY. It's a big ordeal, surrounded by DRAMA. I won't get into it here, most of my loyal readers know anyway. I'm stressed, and upset, but trying not to freak. I may post about it later, but right now, I've been thinking about it for days and I'd like to just not for a bit.

3 comments:

Opal said...

So much fibery goodness! That yarn is going to be perfect for Cedarwoods!

As for the drama? You can ramble and vent to me anytime.

Lisa said...

You got some lovely stuff!
Hugs Hattie. I hope all goes well for you in the transition.

Logan said...

Where in New York? If you're anywheres near me, we need to hang out.

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger