Tuesday, February 20, 2007
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like anything scratchy! I'm really sensitive so I'm partial to the soft stuff. I loooove baby alpaca, Malabrigo, silks, just as long as it's soft, I'm hooked.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two cases, one for my needles and one for my hooks. The one for my hooks is horrible, they fall out a lot, but it works for now.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for a few years. I taught myself when I was pregnant with my son and wanted to make a pattern that I found. I consider myself an advanced intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love Hawaiian smelling stuff. Pomegranate, coconut, cucumber melon...but I'm sensitive to anything that's really strong, gives me migraines.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh god yes! I love chocolate, especially white, and I love hazelnut and caramel.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I pretty much stick to the fiber arts for now. I wish I knew how to spin. I'd like to get a drop spindle, I think that's what they are called...and learn. I just haven't gotten around to buying one. I think it would be fun to dye the roving with kool-aid and then spin it!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like alternative mostly. I listen to a bit of everything though. It totally depends on the mood. I love incubus and third eye blind. Panic at the Disco. I mean just a ton of stuff, I could never name it all.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love most colors, I don't like neons very much, you know colors that seem to glow in the daytime. I love pastels, and brown and red and blue and green the most.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband, a 2 year old son and a 9 month old daughter. I have a cat, but she is outside...due to "mental" issues. She's so jealous of my kids she won't stop getting sick in the house.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yep! Not so much ponchos, but I love fingerless gloves!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Everything! I make a lot of sweaters and fingerless gloves and baby stuff.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Lots of sweaters/shirts/tops. Hats, scarves, gloves. A little bit of everything.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circulars better, or dpns...I don't have too many of those. I hate plastic and aluminum. I only buy bamboo. Or wood.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I wish! I can't bring myself to spend the money on them...
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ah....over a year lol.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Don't have one.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn! Lol...I like hummingbirds though and dragonflies. I buy lots of stuff with those on them.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I've been eyeing that Naughty Knits book b/c it's got some cute patterns. I have a subscription to interweave knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Just spinning actually. I think I've tried everything else.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yeah I have knit some. My foot is 9 inches toe to heel, 3.5 inches wide....7.5 inches around the ankle
23. When is your birthday?