Spinning is FUN.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Imagine my surprise this morning to wake up to a nice package from amazon. My book came today!!! I'm so excited about it. Everything is beautiful. I have till July to decide what I'm going to make first for the knit along.

I went today to Paradise Fibers. It's not really a knitting store. They are an online retailer, but if you call ahead of time to check, they let you come on down and buy from them. It was so nice! The couple that owns/runs it is sooo nice. I got help picking a spindle and got a light cheap one to practice on. Here is the spindle, and what I've spun on it so far. It's some green blue merino that I got a while back and it isn't really too soft but great to use up while I get the hang of this. I think I might be able to use it for socks, if I ply it.Here is the other roving that I bought there. The light blue in ingeo, corn fiber, and feels like silk. The rose pink is the softest merino ever. Seriously, I can touch it to my neck and everything. Kinda like malabrigo, but maybe just a little less soft than that. Well I won't know till it's spun.Yay for spinning! I'm in love already, I haven't even touched my knitting since I got home I was so excited lol. :D

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hurray! What beautiful colors!!!

Jenn said...

Beautiful stuff! You're much braver than I... I'm afraid I'd love it too much and it would cut into my knitting time. Can't wait to see more!

Teresa said...

Nice, I love the rose color! You did an excellent job spinning your fiber! Definitely great lace weight stuff. Have you decided on a shawl?

Oh, and I wrote you about yardage on spun stitches. You can pick up a niddy noddy for under $20.

Opal said...

Gorgeous fibers and you are just spinning like a dervish!

Valerie said...

Wow, you know the yarns good when pictures make people want to dive in and roll around in them. -=giggle=-

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger