Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Found this on another blog...anything bold is stuff I've done, italics are those I plan to do, and regular is everything else (stuff I haven't knit and don't plan to).
Knitting with metal wire
Knitting with Camel Yarn
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Publishing a knitting book
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Dying with plant colours
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies...)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items)on two circulars
Knitting with someone else's handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Knitting with wool
Knitting with beads
Long Tail CO
Knitting and purling backwards
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegating yarn
Knitting with cashmere
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Knitting on a loom
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Knitting in public
Also I was tagged by Valerie awhile back. To list seven things about myself that no one knows. Well I don't know what no one knows, I'm mostly an open book, but here are some main things about me.
1. I (like Valerie) am extremely afraid of spiders. Not snakes, or mice, or whatever. Spiders.
2. I love sci-fi, fantasy stuff. Like the Lord of the Rings, Tad Williams books, mermaids and dragons.
3. I was a bookworm growing up, all I ever did was read.
4. I have always wanted to write a book, and have tried (at least a hundred times) unsuccessfully to write one. As in started and never finished.
5. I love thunderstorms, with lightning and thunder and downpours, the kind that last all day.
6. Being pregnant, although uneventful, was harder for me than giving birth/labor. I could do that a hundred times.
7. Wolves are my favorite animal, although they scared me to death growing up. They are beautiful, majestic, and misunderstood.
Ok so I'm supposed to tag 7 other people but I don't really know 7 other people to tag lol. So just pass it on!
On the knitting front:
I have finished the first chart on both of my spring things shawls and am patiently waiting on my crochet hook to place the beads. They are both so beautiful, I can't wait to finish them!
That's really all I've been doing lately...so until those are done lol, there won't be much new.
Oh and just so this isn't boring (all text), this is the shawl I started today to work on until I get my hook to finish the others. This yarn is gorgeous in this, I'm loving it so far and can't wait to finish it! (p.s.-it's some of Christine's yarn!)