Sunday, August 05, 2007
Hello to my secret pal! Here's my info!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm allergic to alpaca, first of all. Very sad. I love anything soft. I'm newly addicted to sock yarns like socks that rock, cherry tree hill, seacoast handpainted...
Don't like acrylic much, or cotton.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a zip up case for both.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Secretly I consider myself advanced, but I'm probably more an advanced intermediate. I can do some advanced things but not well yet. I learned to knit at first when I was young, but took to crochet more. I was 6 or so when I learned. I picked up the knitting again when I was pregnant with my son around 3-4 years ago. I taught myself!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
vanilla, strawberry, cucumber melon
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes. It's bad. I loooove white chocolate, those Terri's chocolate oranges (my wally world stopped carrying them!), oh and hazelnut candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do spin, I've got a drop spindle and a spindolyn. I am learning to sew also.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Lots of stuff, mostly alternative, Incubus, Third Eye Blind, Dashboard Confessional...
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Love most colors, orange, yellow, and brown in small doses, or mixed in good combinations with other colors. Like orange/yellow/red, or brown/pink, etc.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, with a son(2-1/2) and daughter(14months). Outside pets. :)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love fingerless mitts, hats don't look good on me, no on the ponchos and yes for scarves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace, socks, cute tops.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Lots of lace, a few tops, a pair of socks, and a pair of fingerless gloves...
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo circs, and dpns.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Less than a year.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Not big on those really.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn!!! Oh and hummingbird stuff. Dragonflies. Jewelry. (hehe)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Oh you had to ask...I have a subscription to Interweave Knits, the only magazine I really like. As for books there are several on my list to buy. They would be: Lace Style(Got it!), Victorian Lace Today, A Gathering of Lace ( Can you tell I like lace?), and Romantic Style.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Well I was gonna teach myself hairpin lace this month and realized my loom is too small for the pattern I was going to make... :(
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, love socks. Umm measurements, my ankle is just under 8 inches around. My foot is 9 inches long...and my foot itself around is 8-9 inches.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am! It's Hattie.