A better day

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Today was better than yesterday was. I have to say I appreciate all of the support I get from you guys when I'm feeling down. Sometimes you just need to hear (read! ;D ) it.

In good news I finally did get my roving reattached and I've been being a little more careful. I've also been trying to spin it more before letting it onto the bobbin because I think that will help it to not come apart when it does break. So far I've broken it at least 3 more times lol. And have had a somewhat easy time reattaching. I think yesterday I just wasn't in the kind of patient mood that was required. I also hate this roving. I mean I love it but I hate it too. The fibers seem to be shorter so that makes it hard to draft the way I like to. But it's going to be gorgeous and that makes it worth it!

I have a picture of the sock progress I made today. I seriously don't want to put this sock down. It's so easy and addicting. Not to mention I love it in this yarn.I have decided to only knit the cuff length to 6 inches. Not because I'm lazy (or cheating! Melissa ;D ) but because any longer would feel weird on my leg to me. I tried it on and when I put the top of it to about 8 inches from the top of my heel, it was in a weird spot. 6 inches was perfect. So they will be a tad shorter, but long enough for me!

P.S.

I LOVE the movie Sixteen Candles. Never fails to put a smile on my face. Something about dreams coming true...

5 comments:

Alpaca Christine said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm always here to help you feel better.

Much love!

Teresa said...

I'm glad to hear that your day is getting better. :D

The yarn is really pretty, I prefer my socks a little shorter too. Just long enough that I can pull them up but don't have to fold them over.

I've seen sixteen candles once. It was pretty good actually. I love Eric the Viking for the same reason. :D

Opal said...

Sixteen Candles sure brings back the memories. When it first came out my friends and I memorized most of the dialog. Pretty scary, huh?

Melissa said...

Sure, sure slacker! ;) Glad to hear you're doing better! Keep your eyes out for two packages coming your way! <3

Valerie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better hun. I was worried about ya. =P The sock is looking good!!!

I just saw "Sixteen Candles" for the first time this year. I think that movie, and The Breakfast Club are my top favorite cheer up movies.

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger