Roving Pics

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ok so hubby ran to the post office today for me, so I didn't have to. This is what he brought back. I'm so excited about all of it!

First up was an impulse buy from Fat Cat Knits. I really didn't mean to buy any more roving but I saw this and had to get it. It's 4.3 ounces of merino tencel in the color Seaweed. Her merino tencel is gorgeous and soft! I will be probably impulse buying more of it in the future. ;) Also the pic is a little dark, the colors are just a tad brighter than this.Next up are the rovings I bought last Saturday from Funky Carolina when she did her shop update. She did one today as well, and it was hard to not buy anything!

4 ounces of superfine merino that is SO soft. Softest merino that I've ever touched I think. It's like malabrigo soft. The name is Fern Gully. That alone made me want it lol. Love that movie.
4 ounces of superfine merino in Pirate:
4 ounces of regular merino in Little More:Lastly there is 4 ounces of superwash merino in Runs Deep. It's really soft superwash!
I seriously can't wait to spin all this. I am going to have a really hard time deciding what roving to spin after I finish the pink merino and the dusty melons merino silk. I have to say as well that her rovings smell really really good. Seriously. I wonder what she uses...I may have to ask her.

I'm still waiting on the roving that I bought from The Sweet Sheep. They are in Canada so shipping takes a little longer. I am not sure when they shipped it but I should get it next week. After that I will not be buying much roving for a while. Or at least I'm going to TRY not to. I'm going to save for a new wheel. And probably sell my current one.

On the knitting front, I didn't get much done yesterday. I brought knitting because we thought things would be slow, but girls and purses...yeah. It was fun though and I will probably be helping out more, maybe next weekend.

4 comments:

Opal said...

I really love what you got from Fat Cat Knits. The colors are so vibrant!

Melissa said...

Girl you are a roving hound! Love them!!!

Alpaca Christine said...

oh wow that roving is SO beautiful! You better buy the yarn for your SMC unless you are going to use the Jaeger still.

Valerie said...

What a collection you are developing! It really is beautiful and keeps making me realize how much I need to figure out how to spin!

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger