If you go out in the woods today...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

So today I had a huge project ahead of me. That is, after I got home from work. I had to be there at 5am today since our quarterly meeting was this morning. Meaning I had to be there earlier and finish earlier. Yep so after that I came home and slept about an hour on the couch until lunch. Then after lunch I started moving things around. I had previously been keeping my computer on this table. Yep, seriously. See the left side where that light is shining. That's where it was. That pile,...yarn. Ok so under it there is a basket and ahem, my printer...but still.
Now I am by no means and organized person but even that was bad for me. It makes it impossible to find anything or think straight. Anyway, we moved my desk from the bedroom, to another corner of the above room and here is where my computer sits now.Much better right? I think so too. I am slowly migrating important things onto this desk and clearing the table over there which will have a new home as well. I love moving furniture...

In other news I finally got pictures of the kids with the little bear hats my secret pal sent for them. They didn't keep them on long so this is the best I could do. I love the little curls sneaking out from Alexis' hat here.
And Nick with his and a balloon I gave him to occupy for a bit last night.
And in knitting news, well spinning anyway...I finished that first bobbin of the Cornucopia, and besides that I'm halfway through the second. If I wasn't cleaning today I could probably finish that one too. I will take another break later to spin a little, but right now when I'm in the mood it's better to keep cleaning.
Aren't the colors pretty? This is more accurate than the other pictures I've posted. I really like it. The S. African fine is growing on me the more I spin it. That and I bought two more from Pigeonroof's etsy shop yesterday when she updated. And they are GORGEOUS. Seriously. I can't wait to get them. I know I know like I need more. I'm getting faster at spinning though, so hopefully I'll be using it up faster. Purchase justified right?

I'm glad everyone liked the pictures I posted of our deer. I wasn't actually that close to them. I was in the upstairs pantry window and zoomed in. There are quite a few of them though that are really friendly. We had a young doe last year who would eat out of our hands. Several follow my MIL around the yard. Like 2 feet behind her the whole time. It's fun, they are pretty to watch. I'll try and get fawn pictures in the spring. It's just the psychotic suicidal ones you gotta watch for when you're driving...

Ok well I think that's a good bit of an update for now. I'm busy lately with working early, and now school. I'm really trying to get back into good habits with that. Hopefully the fact that I've dropped to part time will help. So I'll be back when I can!

4 comments:

Meliabella said...

I'm proud of you! Way to get organized! :)

Opal said...

Getting organized is such a pain, but it's so worth it. I need to work on my corner of the living room. Maybe you'll help inspire me. :)

Knits & Stitches said...

Thanks! I sent you an email with the code I used and some instructions. Let me know if they are confusing.

Valerie said...

Hooray for Organization! We definitely need to rework our own system around the house as well.

Good Luck with this semester!!

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger