Rivendell

Monday, June 09, 2008

So here is the picture that I promised of my redone Rivendell sock. The yarn I switched to is Claudia Handpainted fingering weight, in Sea Dreams. I bought it at The Loopy Ewe ages ago, and I think it's the perfect color for this.
I love how it looks so far, but I have changed a few things about it, the pattern is seriously lacking in clarity and direction. I hope some of that was fixed since it was published in a book. Regardless, I am enjoying knitting it.

A picture, though blurry, of my recent spinning. It's superwash bfl from Pigeonroof in Pink Lady and very pretty. This one was the best picture of the colors, the non-blurry ones were all destroyed by flash. I'm spinning for a 3 ply sock yarn. This is 2/3 of bobbin one. I can't wait to finish it!
Other than that, not much is going on. I've just finished listening to an audiobook. I signed up for an account at audible.com. There is a discounted rate (7.49 per month) for the first three months. You get one credit, which in most cases is one book. Well now that I've finished my book, I'm aching for another! I do get a discount with my account if I purchase them outright, but it's a good bit more than buying credits (try 15-25 per book!)...so now I have to wait till next month for my next credit...sigh.

So I'm building up my wish list, that way I won't forget all the books I want to get. Ok well off to do some more spinning and knitting, and laundry for work tomorrow. It's my first 8 hour shift in months, so I best be prepared and get to bed early!

2 comments:

Leona said...

Just an idea but most public libraries have downloadable audiobooks in their collections nowadays. That way they would be free. :)

Opal said...

That really is the perfect color for Rivendall. It's gorgeous!

Your spinning froghair there, lady! Wowzah!

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger