Finished yarn!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here we have my finally plyed yarn. 533 yards of light fingering weight. It's a bit more purple in person. There is a lot of black in it, so that really toned down the colors of the roving a lot.
Here's a closeup of the yarn. I had hoped it would be a tighter ply, but it's fine the way it is.
I think my next sock yarn I will aim for a 3 ply. I've got enough bobbins now that I can use for it. I am happy with this yarn though. It was meant to be sock yarn, but now I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Maybe socks still, but maybe not. I still need to wash it and set the twist.

My blue moon order is waiting for me at the post office today, but I can't go get it till tomorrow which is killing me! I have to pack up the bobbin though, so I can mail it back when I do go. I'm just returning it for a refund. They have nothing else that I'd want to exchange it for. I'm sure it's my flyer and not the bobbin that is the problem. So for now I will wait. I might buy the plying set later.

So now it's back to the lace I was spinning. I can't wait to finish that. Especially because once that one is done, I am going to start spinning the sparkly black merino tencel for my Heere be Dragone shawl. I plan on using my high speed whorl for that yarn. I can't wait!

Ok then, that's it for now. Hopefully I can get to the post office tomorrow, and I'll be back to share my goodies!

2 comments:

Opal said...

Nice yarn! Very pretty colors. Can't wait to see it knit up!

I really think you should get that plying set. It'll make your life so much easier. I'm planning on getting one for my Majacraft once I recover from my vacation spending.

I hope you let us know how you like your high whorl!

Logan said...

Puuurdy! I'm still practicing. On my spindle. And I did some Kool-Aid dyeing, it turned out really well.

I like your now blog layout thing.

 
Stitch Therapy - by Templates para novo blogger